QUETTA

A couple and their daughter were suffocated to death in Sariab area of Quetta Saturday. According to police, Muhammad Javed, his wife Shahista and daughter Rashida residents of Musa colony went asleep without switching off gas heater.  The heater consumed all oxygen in the room, resulting in their death.

Police and Edhi rescue workers moved the deceased to Civil Hospital Quetta.

Police handed over dead bodies to heirs after completing legal formalities.

Quetta and other northern parts of Balochistan are in a grip of blistering coldfor few days.

People sleep without turning off their gas heaters that wipes out oxygen, causing deaths.

Some 9 people were killed due to suffocation this year.