LAHORE-City police with the cooperation of intelligence agencies has foiled a deadly plan to carry out large-scale bloodshed through a series of terrorist activities and arrested three RAW agents here on Thursday. The terrorists were assigned target by the Indian agency to destabilise the law and order situation especially in the provincial capital. Police recovered remote control bombs, explosives and sensitive documents besides huge cache of sophisticated weapons and maps/drawings of different sensitive installations from their possession. The arrested terrorists are identified as Muhammad Fayyaz alias Feja, a resident of Mundyanwala, Burki, Muhammad Akram alias Mian Akram and Shahzad Bhatti of Mauza Ludhar, Burki. Capital City Police Chief Pervez Rathore said this while addressing a Press conference at Police Lines Qilla Gujjar Singh here on Thursday. DIG investigation Mushtaq Ahmad Sukhera, SSP Investigation Zulfiqar Hameed, DSP CIA Umer Virk and other senior police officers were also present on the occasion. Pervez Rathore said that the arrest of the terrorists was a big success of the police which foiled nefarious designs of the anti-Pakistan elements. He said that the arrested terrorists during investigations confessed their involvement in smuggling across the border from Pakistan to India. Terrorists have further confessed that during their visits to India they had managed to establish their contacts with Indian Intelligence Agency RAW, he added. He said that RAW officials used to help the terrorists in crossing the border from Gate number 139. The CCPO said that the arrested terrorists used to provide photographs of important places of the provincial capital and other cities to the Indian agency RAW. They had carried out bomb blast near FC College underpass on November 17, 2006 in which two persons lost their life and more than two dozens others got injured, he said. 'They were smugglers and used to cross the Pak-Indian border for the purpose'. During their frequent visits to India, they met with RAW officers and started working for the said agency against Pakistan, he added. The CCPO further said that they were in contact with the RAW officers including Kumar, Bakhshi, Chopra, Vijay, Mehta (bomb expert), Chaudhry Pertaib and Sharma at their Ranjeet Avenue Private Society, Amritsar, office in India. 'On the instructions of the said officers, the said terrorists had provided them photographs/maps and drawings of an under construction bridge of Saryali, Mochi Gate, Lahore, Jamia Qudsia Chuburgi Chowk, Lahore, Azam Cheema Masjid Aqsa, Bahawalpur, Jamia Masjid Millat Park Chowk, Faisalabad, and important buildings, like mosques of Mansehra, Muridke, and Cheecha Watni against millions of rupees. These places were their next targets'. Giving details, he said that they reached India, handed over photographs of Jamia Masjid Aqsa, Bahawalpur and briefed the RAW officers about the mosque and activities of religious leader Azam Cheema. The RAW officers gave them target of killing Azam Cheema by planting bomb in the said mosque against Rs 300,000 and handed over them a bag carrying remote control bomb. They reached Bahawalpur, planted bomb in the premises of the mosque but they removed it and threw the bomb in a local canal when they came to know that Azam Cheema was not visiting the mosque, he added. Similarly, the CCPO said, the agents got training from RAW officer Mehta who previously gave them a bag carrying remote control bomb weighing 5/6 kg explosive to hit the target in 2006. They later reached Lahore from India and stayed at the residence of Shahzad Bhatti alias Feja. They then went to FC College underpass in a car and carried out the blast, he said. He said that they crossed the border seven times and held meetings with the RAW agents to get training from its officers. He while answering a query said that the terrorists crossed the border to India about 6 to 7 times but Pakistan Rangers failed to arrest them because of the involvement of Indian Border Security Forces, who opens gate number 139 after checking the schedule of patrolling of Pakistan Rangers along the border. To a query, Pervez Rathore said that City police was facing tough time from the terrorists as the people were feeling themselves insecure due to bomb blasts in different parts of the City. He called an emergency meeting of the senior police officers and assigned a target to the DIG Investigations to trace the anti-social elements. The DIG later constituted a special team of CIA police officers headed by the SP CIA Umer Virk and comprising DSP Khalid Abubakar, Inspector Tariq Ilyas and other officials which traced the said terrorists and arrested them.