KARACHI - Anti Terrorism Court ATC 1 Friday awarded death sentence to two persons involved in the murder of a police constable while one was jailed for five years. Judge Hasan Ali Bukhari of the ATC announced the judgment having found Karman alias Kami and Farhan Ahmed alias Shuda guilty of killing a police constable Manzoor Hussain on June 29, 2006 within the jurisdiction of Shahrah-e-Faisal Police Station. Earlier the court recorded the statements of fourteen witnesses, examined the evidence produced by the prosecution, and heard final arguments from both sides. The verdict stated that both of them were found involved in killing the constable who was serving in investigation team in Quid Abad Police Station, while Farhan was also sentenced to five years of imprisonment. The court also fined Rs200,000 and ruled that the half of the amount would be paid to the legal heirs of the deceased and in case of non-payment, the convicts would undergo an additional six month imprisonment. Special Public Prosecutor Mohammad Khan Buriro presented the case before the court. According to the prosecution, the guilty shot dead a police constable in Shahrah-e-Faisal area on June 16, 2006 while he was returning home from his duty, the deceased received three bullets. One of the guilty Kamran had been arrested by Crime Investigation Department (CID) police on June 18, later his accomplice Farhan was arrested 28 June, while the TT pistols those were used in crime, were also recovered from their possession. Court releases 2 accused under 'benefit of doubt' On the other, the same court has released two men on benefit of doubt in a murder case, while directed the police authorities to take disciplinary action against police officials who were probing the case including, Mumtaz Hussain and Shafiq Javid, to the defection investigation the case. The accused Kamran and Mohammad Farhan were arrested in connection of a murder case of police constable Mohammad Imran, who was serving in madadgar 15 in Malir. They were charged to shot him dead on September 29, 2006, in PNT colony, Malir within the remit of Airport Police Station. The accused had been arrested on October 18. The prosecution failed to produce solid evidence to prove the involvement in the accused in the case. As many as eleven witnesses got recorded their statements before the court, while the main eyewitness Iftikhar denied recognising the accused during the identification parade in the court by saying that he could not recognise them as he was far away when the incident took place. The court after hearing his statement has released them.