LAHORE A 42-year-old suspended police officer, father of seven, committed suicide after the high-ups of Kot Lakhpat Jail allegedly refused to reinstate him despite his repeated requests for mercy, police sources said. The sources said the deceased, Mohammad Aslam, resident of Chandar Ray Road, was suspended by the Jail Superintendent Malik Mushtaq some 20 days back on charges of continuous absence from duty. They said the deceased was suffering from a fatal disease for the last several days and was unable to discharge his duty. He had also submitted a formal application requesting the authorities to grant him regular leaves but none of them bothered to pay heed towards his request, reliable jail sources told this scribe when contacted. He had also to make arrangements for her daughters marriage some three months back for which he was requesting for regular leaves, the sources said. After his suspension, the heirs of the deceased said, Aslam visited the Superintendents office on daily basis but the officer refused to reinstate him. On the day of incident police found a body on a railway track. The deceased, later identified as Mohammad Aslam, had jumped in front of a train which crushed him to death. We have collected few pieces of the human body which were scattered five to seven yards away from the railway crossing, a police officer seeking anonymity said. He further said according to locals statements the deceased was regularly performing his duty but was suffering from a disease. According to a letter recovered from his pocket, Jail Superintendent Malik Mushtaq is responsible of his death suicide. He could have reinstated him on humanitarian basis, he remarked. Seconds after this suicide, his heirs and dozens of locals gathered on the spot and chanted slogans against humiliating attitude of Malik Mushtaq towards his subordinates. They placed the body in the middle of Ferozepur Road and blocked the road near Chungi Amir Sidhu for many hours. However, the police reached the spot and convinced them of initiating a tangible action against the responsible persons on which the protesters dispersed. The police handed over the body to the bereaved family after completing necessary medico-legal formalities. Further investigations are underway. Meanwhile, a 22-year-old girl was allegedly slaughtered by her in-laws near Ittehad Park in Factory Area police precincts on Saturday. Police investigators believed the motive behind this gruesome incident was a family dispute. They said the deceased identified as Yasmeen Bibi, daughter of Abdul Ghaffar Ahmed, had tied knot with Allah Ditta few years back. The couple often quarrelled over petty issues. The elders from both the sides reconciled them every time but to no avail, a neighbour said. He, however, claimed the girl was of good character but the accused often victimised her of severe torture. Her body was recovered on Saturday morning from the room where her mother-in-law slept along with Yasmeen last night. The way she was killed shows that she has been slaughtered by a sharp-edged weapon and later dragged from her bed, a senior police investigator said. The police concerned reached the spot and recovered the body from the crime scene. Two male family members including the deceaseds husband had been taken into police custody for interrogation. The police investigators said the statements of both the accused including Allah Ditta and his brother Allah Wasaya were contradictory. Further investigations are underway.