KARACHI - Bilawal House spokesman Ijaz Durrani has said that former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and his business partners, who minted billions through kickbacks and commissions in the privatisation of KESC, were responsible for the current power crisis, not the current people's government. In a press statement issued here on Tuesday, he said that corrupt officials thrust on KESC during the last ten years were also behind the power crisis as they did nothing except filling in their personal coffers. These officials are making the life of common people hell on the behest of their masters and patrons. Durrani further said that had the private power plants approved by Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto during her last government been not halted, Karachi could not have faced the current situation. He added that last night's long power outage, after a little small shower, proved the inability of the KESC management, which should be condemned. Ijaz Durrani also took to the task some political parties, which wanted to shift the blame on the sitting democratic government, saying that these parties were licking the boots of previous rulers and playing the role of silent spectators. It was only the PPP, which raised the issue of power crisis despite being in opposition at that time and had been warning that Karachi would face great power shortage if PML-Q agents were not stopped from loot and plunder in the KESC, he alleged. He said power crisis was almost overcome during Shaheed Benazir Bhutto's government and loadshedding was ended in the city adding that democratic government was taking steps to rid the city of power crisis and it would be resolved soon.