ISLAMABAD (APP) - Minister for Religious Affairs Syed Hamid Saeed Kazmi said Wednesday a four-member committee has been formed to review the restoration of Haj discretionary quota of the parliamentarians to get it restored. Addressing a press conference here the Minister said, he himself would be head of the committee while Leader of House in the Senate Senator Nayyar Bokhari, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan and Minister for Labour Khurshid Shah are its members. The meeting of the committee would be held on Monday and its recommendations would then be forwarded to the Prime Minister for approval, he added. He informed that as per cabinet decision, the special Haj quota for president, prime minister, governors, chief ministers, chairman senate, speaker national assembly and other VVIPs had been abolished. Responding to a question, he said the date for the submission of Haj applications had been extended again due to the lurking fear of Swine Flu, which may prompt the Saudi government to place a ban on elders above 65 years of age and children below 12 years of age going on a pilgrimage this year. Giving age-wise break up of the applicants, he informed that 14,000 are older than 65 years while 7,000 are younger than 12 years of age, according to the latest statistics compiled by the ministry. He stated, However, we are keen to accommodate more and more applicants who do not fall in these age categories. Kazmi said all the tour operators had been categorized, and in this matter, the ministry had not used its discretion but kept in view the performance of each tour operator. We have done away with discretion completely, the minister said. He also reiterated that it was the considered policy of the government to bind all the tour operators to share details of their agreements with it they had reached with the pilgrims. Elaborating further, he informed that this time around 589 Haj Group Organizers (HGOs) have been allocated quota, while 21 companies have failed to win any quota. However, next time, those left out are likely to be accommodated, he asserted. He said the number of pilgrims under the government scheme would be 80,000 and those under private operators would be 79,647, adding that additional quota of around 10,000 has already been requested from the Saudi government. If, we are able to get the additional quota, it will be divided between government and private scheme on equal share basis, he added. About transparency, he said under the directives of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, it has been ensured to facilitate maximum people on merit and bring more transparency in the process. Minister of State for Religious Affairs Ms Shagufta Jamani and secretary religious Affairs Agha Muhammad Qazalbash were also present.