LAHORE - The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has expressed deep concern over the humiliation of teenage rape victim in the open court. In a statement issued here on Sunday, AHRC said the attitude of a Pakistani judge toward a teenage gang rape victim has caused widespread outrage, throwing the training of the country's judicial figures into question. It is worth mentioning that Additional District and Sessions Judge Dadu Nizar Ali Khawaja on March 25 conducted the trial of four men who allegedly gang-raped 13-year-old Kainat Soomro in 2007, over a three day period in District Dadu of Sindh. The girl, who was expecting an in-camera trial (one in the judge's private chambers), was asked by the judge to describe and even demonstrate her rape in detail in front of the influential accused persons Shahban Sheikh, Sheikh Ehsan, Roshan Aleem and Kaleemullah, who have all allegedly threatened and bribed Somroo's family to settle the matter out of court. According to media reports, more than a hundred spectators were also present there, as the courtroom was jam-packed with people crowding at the back because everyone knew it was a rape case. Although public prosecutor Maroof, asked that anyone unrelated to the case be told to leave, the judge sided with the defence counsel, which argued that he had no legal obligation to bar citizens from an open court. According to the journalists and prosecution, the cross-examiners and judge started to ask a string of invasive questions about the rape, which the teenager with an extremely sheltered and conservative upbringing, struggled with. Sources at the trial noted that she was asked when certain items of clothing were removed and exactly what actions were done to her. When the girl replied, in a few instances, that she could not remember and felt out of her senses (having fainted), the judge berated her; speaking harshly about reports made by her family to the media. Witnesses have noted that he appeared to enjoy the invasive nature of the questions and the humiliation of the girl. Objections from the special public prosecutor and assisting lawyers triggered an argument with the defence; the judge simply quelled them with a warning and adjourned the hearing to a later date. In the years leading up to the trial, the family have been forced to leave their hometown due to threats and fought fiercely to get the case this far. It may be recalled that the police originally had refused to register the FIR and public and media pressure saw it taken up.