LAHORE - An election tribunal headed by Justice Akram Qureshi of the Lahore High Court has issued notices to Sharif brothers and others for today (Friday) in two election petitions filed by Shahid Orakzai challenging the decisions of returning officers allowing them to contest elections from NA-52 and PP-10, Rawalpindi. The appellant contended that the returning officer had rejected his valid objections raised against the nomination papers of Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif. He said Nawaz Sharif was convicted by two accountability courts and an anti-terrorism court. The appellant said in two cases, Sharif had been convicted by competent courts and the convictions were still intact because these were not set aside by any court. While challenging the acceptance of Shahbaz's nomination papers, appellant said that he had passed sarcastic remarks against judiciary. They alleged that Shahbaz was also involved in the Supreme Court storming case so he should be barred from contesting by-election. They said it was unfair and illegal on the part of the returning officers to reject their objections on the grounds that no documentary evidence was produced. Appellant prayed to the court to declare disqualified Sharif brothers for contesting the elections. It may be mentioned that the said petitions were being heard by another tribunal headed by Justice Najam-uz-Zaman but the applicant had raised objection on the judge hence it was referred to this bench of its disposal in accordance with the law. It may also be mentioned that the tribunal headed by Justice Akram Qureshi will also proceed with all other election petitions against Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif today (Friday).