LAHORE - Following special directives of Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Police Training School DIG Major (r) Mubashir Ullah has reinitiated the inquiry in connection with Basharat torture case, which took place inside Sabzazaar police station three weeks back. During his first visit to the victims home, the DIG recorded statements and collected other evidences. Earlier, two police officers were suspended after the Chief Minister took notice of the kidnapping and torture of a young boy in Sabzazar police jurisdiction in a case that gained much media attention, but a few facts were established. Basharat, a resident of Kharak, was grabbed from near his house by four men, blindfolded and taken to a secret location where he was beaten with belts and sticks, said his father M Ehsan. He said that three of the four men were police officials and they had been demanding Basharat to confess abduction of nine children in Lahore. He named a Sub Inspector and an Assistant Sub Inspector as having been involved and the two were later suspended. Ehsan said that the incident was orchestrated by a man named Imran who had been forced out of the neighbourhood a while ago because he had a bad character. He said that Imran developed a grudge against them because of this and he was behind a false robbery case against Basharat. He said that Basharat, bloodied and bruised, was later left outside the house. He said Basharats attackers contacted him and warned him to keep quiet on the subject. Sabzazar SHO Sheikh M Anwar said that Basharat was taken to Mughal Cafe in Nawankot where he was held and tortured. Sub Inspector Ishaq, the investigation officer of the case, said that an FIR had been registered against Imran, Omer (the owner of Mughal Cafe) and five unidentified people on Basharats complaint. He said there was no evidence of police involvement in the attack. He said Basharat was not 15, as his father had claimed, but he was 19-20-year-old. Meanwhile, the Chief Minister took notice and directed the police to take action, following which SI Ishfaq and ASI Qaiser were suspended. However, police under the supervision of the DIG Operations concluded investigation into the case and said that the charges had been proved fake.