LAHORE – At least six people including a young couple were murdered in five separate incidents in different parts of the provincial metropolis during Eid holidays, police sources said on Monday.

According to details, a young couple was found murdered with severe head injuries at their residential apartment in the Factory Area police limits on Saturday. Police investigators said that the couple, later identified as Muhammad Imran, 30, and his wife, Kiran Imran, 28, was lying dead inside the drawing room of their residence as they reached the crime scene.

The housemaid disclosed the happening to the police as she witnessed the dead bodies in the drawing room when she entered the house for daily work. The maid further told the investigators that she found all the doors, including the main gate unlocked, as she arrived on Saturday morning. Hassan, the four-year-old son of the deceased couple, was sleeping in the bedroom adjacent to the drawing room.

“There were three empty cups of tea on the table inside the drawing room as we reached the crime scene,” a police investigator said. The crime scene suggested that someone known to the family was there just before the killings, he informed.

“There are also indications that the couple opened the door and invited the visitor to sit in the drawing room. He further said that the police investigators believed that the killer had a cup of tea with the deceased couple and that they were expecting an early breakthrough in the case. Police also said that Imran and his wife were murdered with a blunt weapon. The police removed the dead bodies to the morgue for autopsy.

Local residents told the police that Imran, said to be an employee of a printing press, had been residing in the house of his father-in-law in Railways Officers Colony in the jurisdiction of the Factory Area police since the parents of Kiran live in Canada.

Residents of Faisalabad, Imran and his wife Kiran were also relatives. One brother of Kiran had arrived from Saudi Arabia just a day before Eid. He was seen weeping and screaming as he visited the crime scene. The police have registered the double-murder case against unidentified killers and are investigating with no arrest made so far.

In another incident, a security guard was shot dead during crossfire between two groups over land dispute in the Barki area. Police said that the guard, identified as Muhammad Naseer, was killed during crossfire between DHA security guards and a group of gunmen who tried to occupy an empty plot near the Phullarwan village. The police have registered a case against eight gunmen on the complaint of Kamran Raza, the security in-charge of the DHA.

Also, a 16-year-old boy was recovered dead under mysterious circumstances from a factory situated in Jallo Morr in the Harbanspura police vicinity. The complainant told the police that unidentified killers electrocuted his brother, Burhan Ahmed, to death. Rawal Khan further told the police that he had got registered the abduction case of his brother Ahmed. The police are investigating whether the teenage was murdered in cold blood or he was accidentally electrocuted.

In another incident, a butcher died under mysterious circumstances in the Misri Shah police precincts. Muhammad Jameel, a resident of Kacchupura, fell unconscious when he was slaughtering animals. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced him dead. Police suspected that the man was poisoned to death by unidentified people. The dead body was removed to the morgue for autopsy to ascertain the cause of death.

Also, at least six gunmen killed a police officer over old enmity in the Raiwind City police area and fled away. A father of two, Khalil Ahmed, 45, was posted at Police Lines. Police investigators said that ASI Khalil Ahmed had property dispute with the killers. The police are investigating.

Meanwhile, Muhammad Yaqoob was standing outside a shop in the Kahna police precincts when three men appeared there, shot him dead and fled away.