RAWALPINDI An Anti-Terrorism Court here on Monday rejected the bail plea of Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, alleged mastermind of Mumbai terrorist attacks. The Court reserved the verdict on Saturday after both prosecution and defence in the case concluded their arguments. Besides Lakhvi six other men including Hammad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jamil Riaz, Younas Anjum, Jamil Ahmed, Mazhar Iqbal and Abdul Majid are facing trial in Adiala Jail for their alleged role in the Mumbai attacks. During the hearing, Advocate Khawaja Sultan Ahmed representing Lakhvi had urged for the post-arrest bail of his client, as inordinate delay was being caused by the prosecution. He maintained that the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had no evidence to prove that Lakhvi planned and helped the November 2008 attacks in India. Khawaja Sultan said that the prosecution had cited five witnesses - all policemen - saying Lakhvi was the operational commander of the banned Lashkar-e-Tayyaba and had no independent evidence against the accused. He had argued before the court that Lakhvi - who previously has not been convicted - had been languishing in the jail for one year and eight months, while no prosecution witness had been recorded and more time would be taken for bringing Ajmal Kasab and the Magistrate who recorded his statement in the country. The lawyer said there were about 200 prosecution witnesses including the five policemen who had not indicated that Lakhvi sent or trained the alleged terrorists killed and captured in India. Agencies add: Judge Malik Muhammad Akram Awan of the Anti-Terrorism Court dismissed Lakhvis bail application on the ground that it could not be maintained, sources said. Lakhvis lawyer Khawaja Sultan said his client would not approach the Lahore High Court for bail. We will decide on the date for filing the application in the High Court after getting the anti-terrorism courts detailed order, Sultan said. The next hearing in the Mumbai attacks case is scheduled for September 18.