LONDON (Reuters/AFP) The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Monday promised prompt and decisive action if allegations of spot-fixing by Pakistan players in the fourth Test against England were proven. Neither the ICC nor the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have yet suspended the players involved in the allegedly deliberate bowling of no-balls here at Lords during the final Test of a four-match series. But ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said in a statement issued Monday: The integrity of the game is of paramount importance. Prompt and decisive action will be taken against those who seek to harm it. However, the facts must first be established through a thorough investigation and it is important to respect the right of due process when addressing serious allegations of this sort. Lorgat said: All allegations of betting irregularities or fixing of matches or incidents within matches are investigated thoroughly by the ICCs internationally respected Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) and this case is no different. The South African added: Currently, senior ACSU investigators are in the United Kingdom conducting enquiries into the allegations directed at some Pakistan players during the recently concluded Test against England at Lords. Led by Sir Ronnie Flanagan (the former Northern Ireland police chief) the ACSU is the most respected and experienced such unit in world sport and it has at its disposal a robust and far-reaching anti-corruption code that all ICC members support and are bound by. ICC President Sharad Pawar said on Monday that the ICC will take ruthless actions if any player is found guilty in the Lords spot-fixing scandal. Pawar told a news conference in Mumbai the governing body was waiting for police in London to complete their investigation into allegations made by a British newspaper that Pakistani pacemen Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif bowled three deliberate no-balls by pre-arrangement during the Lords test against England. If, unfortunately, there is a truth (in the allegations) then ruthless actions will be taken, Pawar said. I am absolutely confident that both boards - English and Pakistani - will never encourage or protect anybody who has done a wrong thing. Whatever the allegations, they are quite serious, he added. The allegations of spot fixing were made in The News of the World newspaper on Sunday. Pawar said he was unaware that the middleman, Mazhar Majeed, told the tabloid that he worked for an Indian party. I dont know, the former Indian cricket chief said. The BCCI (Indian cricket board) will have to take a view on that. The BCCI is one of our members and I am sure if any serious matter is there, the BCCI will take cognizance of this. I cant come to a conclusion based on a video. BCCI spokesman Rajiv Shukla had earlier on Monday dismissed any link to the middleman. The BCCI has got nothing to do with it, Shukla said. Even if some Indian bookies are involved, the Indian police will look into the matter. Meanwhile, British police on Sunday bailed Mazhar Majeed without charge. A 35-year-old man has been bailed until a date in the future, a Scotland Yard spokesman told AFP. He said the police would not be discussing the date or his bail conditions. The News of the World newspaper said it paid 150,000 pounds (230,000 dollars, 185,000 euros) to Mazhar Majeed, 35, in return for advance details about the timing of three no-balls in the fourth and final Test match between England and Pakistan, which finished earlier Sunday with an England win.