LAHORE - Two gangsters shot dead a 30-year-old trader on offering resistance during a robbery in Misri Shah area in the wee hours of Monday, police sources said. Mohammad Ahsan Shah, father of a minor boy, was listening a call on his cell phone outside his house at Aziz Road in Shadbagh area when two motorcyclists tried to rob him. The robbers held him up at gunpoint and demanded to handover cash and valuables to them. Mohammad Ahsan, who runs an optical business at a shop in Shah Aalam Market, tried to overpower one of the bandits when the other opened fire. Ahsan sustained a bullet and fell down. The robbers snatched his mobile phone and purse and managed to escape from the crime scene. The nearby residents came out soon after the sound of gunfire and took the injured to a hospital where the doctors pronounced him dead. The police later reached the spot and moved the body to the City morgue for autopsy. The incident spread wave of terror in the locality and a number of people gathered and expressed grave concern over the worsening law and order situation. Police concerned have registered a murder case against unidentified accused men with no arrest till filing of this report. Meanwhile, a 35-year-old man, father of four, was allegedly strangled by his brother-in-law in connivance with another accused over petty dispute and later hanged his body with a ceiling fan to pretend a suicide in Harbanspura police precincts in the wee hours of Monday. The deceased identified as Khushi Mohammad, resident of Rasheedpura Chowk near Laal Bridge, Malik Hospital. According to the deceased sister Razia Bibi, the accused Habib and Ilyas called on Khushi at about 2:00pm and meantime they overpowered him and strangulated him to death. Sources close to the investigators said it seemed the deceaseds spouse Parveen Bibi had developed illicit relations with Ilyas, which infuriated him. They said Khushi also admonished his wife to avoid visiting Ilyas but to no avail. Reportedly, the woman told her brother about the main cause of her quarrel with her husband. On Monday, the accused killed him and later hanged his body with a ceiling fan in a small furniture shop adjacent to his home. The family found the body swinging with a rope when they awoke about 3:00am in order to observe fast, police investigators said. Police have registered an FIR under section 302 with no arrest so far. The body however was handed over to his heirs after necessary medico-legal formalities. 7 butchers arrested for selling unhygienic meat A special team of meat inspectors have arrested seven butchers red handed while selling unhygienic meat including mutton and beef and registered cases against them in Gawalmandi police station on Monday. The arrested butchers were Muhammad Tahir, Muhammad Akmal, Khurram Shehzad, and Muhammad Arif. Meanwhile District Coordination Officer Sajjad Ahmad Bhutta ordered senior admin officer to continue crackdown against butchers till Eidul Azha.