KARACHI - Police have disclosed the arrest of notorious target killer Ajmal Pahari here on Wednesday from Jauharabad area.

The police have also booked him in four more cases of murder and he is likely to be produced before the court on Thursday (today).

Mystery shrouded the sudden disappearance of Ajmal Siddiqui alias Ajmal Pahari, the target killer who was released on January 18, 2013 from the Karachi Central Prison after being acquitted in 11 cases of murder, despite his on-camera confessions of involvement in at least 111 murders, and the Joint Investigation Team’s thrilling report on his crimes.

On Wednesday, Jauharabad Police disclosed his arrest, saying that they arrested Pahari during snap-checking in the area and later handed him over to the police stations concerned where he was wanted in murders cases.

DIG Javed Odho confirmed his arrest and said that Pahari was wanted in four murder cases to the Korangi, Liaquatabad and Bilal Colony police stations that took place during 2004 to 2008. He had confessed these murders in a joint interrogation during his earlier arrest by the Anti-Extremist Cell of the Crime Investigation Department on March 18, 2011 from New Karachi area.

His wife also filed a petition at the Sindh High Court on January 23 against his disappearance fearing that her husband might have been killed in a fake encounter, upon which the SHC directed the jail officials to submit the report within seven days.

SIX KILLED: Three political workers among six people were gunned down in separate acts of violence here on Wednesday.

An activist of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement was shot dead in Malir police precincts.

Police said that the victim namely Suleman Ahmed, 30, aka Junaid was sitting outside his home in Aleemabad area when two armed men riding a motorcycle sprayed bullets on him and managed to flee. He died on the spot. The body was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for autopsy and later handed over to heirs. Police registered a case against unidentified persons on behalf of victim’s brother-in-law Rizwan and initiated further investigation.

Another MQM worker was shot dead in Baldia Town within the jurisdiction of Saeedabad police station.

Police said that deceased was identified as Raheel Zafar, resident of the same area, was returning home from his workplace when four armed riders shot him dead and managed to escape from the scene. The body was shifted to Civil Hospital Karachi for postmortem. Police said that the victim was associated with the MQM Unit-113 and was working in a private factory.

A worker of the Sunni Tehreek (ST) was gunned down in Jamshed Quarters area within the remits of Jamshed Quarter police station.

Police said that the deceased was identified as Adnan Baloch, 28. He was a motor mechanic by profession. The officials said that unidentified culprits after kidnapping the victim shot him twice. His body was taken to CHK for medicolegal formalities.

A crockery shop owner was shot dead in Shah Faisal area within the limits of Shah Faisal police station.

Police said that the victim Mukhtiar Majeed, 35, was sitting at his shop when unidentified culprits came close to him and started indiscriminate firing. Resultantly, he sustained multiple bullet injuries and died on the spot. The body was shifted to JPMC for autopsy. Police said the victim had no affiliation with any politico-religious party.

A young man was shot dead while his brother wounded in North Nazimabad area in Hyderi police precincts.

Police officials said that victims namely Aswat and his brother Haris, 22, were standing near their home when some unidentified persons opened fire on them. Resultantly, both of them sustained bullet injuries and taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital where doctors pronounced Aswat’s death and admitted Haris for treatment. Police said that their father was a policeman who had been dismissed from the service. They said that the motive behind the incident has yet to be ascertained.

A woman Ayesha, 20, was killed and his husband Waqas injured when some unidentified culprits barged into their home and started indiscriminate firing and managed to flee. Ayesha succumbed to injuries on the way to CHK while her husband admitted for treatment.

Police said that the incident took place over personal enmity and police booked four suspects in the FIR registered by injured Waqas and initiated further investigation.