rawalpindi - Three members of a family, including two sisters, were killed while their brother injured in Titral town of Chakwal after the gas leakage caused an explosion early yesterday. The injured man was under treatment in the hospital.

The deceased were identified as Abida Bibi, 60, and her two daughters Gulshan Bibi,36, and Faiza Bibi,28 while their injured brother as Hamid Nawaz.

According to locals, one of the women tried to burn a stove for preparing breakfast in the kitchen early in the morning when all of a sudden a huge explosion rocked the area. As a result, two sisters died on the spot while their mother and brother sustained critical burn injuries. They said the reason of the blast was told to be gas leakage.

The Rescue 1122 rushed to the spot and shifted the victims to the District Headquarters Hospital, Chakwal from where the doctors referred them to Abida Bibi to the CMH Burnt Centre Kharian due to her critical condition. “However, the lady succumbed to injuries there,” they said adding that the man was still under treatment.  A police team of Saddar Chakwal Police Station also visited the scene and registered the incident in daily crime register.