LAHORE - The three-hour long autopsies here at the Jinnah Hospital on Tuesday failed to establish the cause of death of two US-returned teenage brothers, who apparently came to Pakistan to attend the wedding ceremony of one of their cousins. The victims, Ahad Mustafa (13) and Qasim Mustafa (15), sons of Ghulam Mustafa, a resident of Riverview Cooperative Housing Society, Raiwind Road, died under mysterious circumstances at their house in the wee hours of Monday. Prof Tajamal Hassan and Prof Shahid Hanif carried out the autopsies of the dead bodies of the two boys in the presence of Jinnah Hospital/Allama Iqbal Medical College Principal Dr Javed Akram on Tuesday. The autopsies were completed at about 7pm. The officials of the American Consulate, police up-highs and the father of the deceased remained present at the Jinnah Hospital endlessly waiting for the reports but the mystery of the cause of the death could not be solved. The victims were American nationals and had been living in New Jersey before coming to meet their relatives in Pakistan. On March 25, they came to Pakistan. On March 28 they visited a fast food outlet in Garden Town to have meal and in the night they went to a normal sleep after watching TV till late night. But they did not see the sunlight of the next day. According to Ghulam Mustafa his children returned home at around 10pm from the restaurant, watched TV and went to sleep at around 2am. But on Monday morning, Mustafa found Ahad dead at the stairs while Qasim was recovered dead from a bathroom. JH/AIMC Principal Prof Dr Javed Akram told The Nation that the autopsies had failed to establish the cause of the deaths of the two brothers despite all-out efforts by a team of the senior doctors of the Jinnah Hospital. The dead bodies were handed over to the family after the autopsies. Dr Javed Akram said now samples of body organs, tissues and secretions taken from the dead bodies had been sent to the Chemical Examiner located at Birdwood near Jail Road for Histopathologic report, which may take a time of one week. He said the case was a mystery for the doctors and they would have to wait for one week to know the cause of the deaths of the American national boys. Earlier, on Monday members of the US Consulate had stopped the Jinnah Hospital administration from performing autopsies on the bodies of dead Ahad and Qasim till further orders of the US State Department. A case No 378/10 has been registered against unidentified person(s) under Sections 302 and 337-J of the Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of the victims father. The complainant has alleged that someone had given some poisonous food to his children.