ISLAMABAD - As many as 25 militants, including two of their commanders Abu Saeed Misbahud Din and Sultan Khan, had been killed while a soldier had embraced martyrdom over the last 24 hours in the ongoing military operation in the Malakand Division, the Army said on Saturday. The security forces had taken full control of Mingora, but the militants were putting up some resistance in the surrounding of the city, Director-General ISPR, Maj-Gen Athar Abbas informed the media persons here. He said a team of 21 doctors with sufficient medicines had reached Mingora to re-establish Civil Hospital, Mingora. Gas supply has also been restored to Mingora city and sufficient numbers of mobile generators have been provided to run the water pumping stations. Work on restoration of electricity to Mingora has been started, he said, adding that it would take at least two weeks to restore amenities. Clarifying a news report, he said it had been reported that 30 to 40 per cent armoury of the troops in Afghanistan had been stolen and some of them were being used by the militants in their fight against troops in Swat, adding that the militants had been using Indian, Russian and US-made arms. About Peochar, he said the stronghold (training centre) of key commanders of militants, including Lal Din, Saeed Jalil and Mian Saeed Liaq, was searched and destroyed. We are trying to target top leadership of militants, which is a centre of gravity, he added. He said so far total 1,217 militants had been killed while 79 others were arrested by the security forces. During the operation, he said 81 personnel of security forces were martyred. He said that during the last 24 hours, one soldier had embraced martyrdom and four others including a civilian driver were injured in the exchange of fire. During the operation, huge cache of ammunition and 12 unregistered double-cabin (vehicles) and a dumper were also recovered, he added. The DG ISPR said the security forces had successfully secured Nawagai and Najigram. At Nawagai huge quantity of arms and ammunition has been recovered. The operation was successful due to the support of local public, he added. He said the people of Mingora had started pinpointing militants who were trying to pose as innocent citizens. During the operation, six IEDs were neutralised and one dead body of miscreant was found, he said. Security forces have commenced advance towards Kalam, Gulibagh and secured area up to Kedam (3km north of Bahrain). A soldier and a civilian driver embraced martyrdom and two soldiers were injured due to an IED explosion near Chamtalai, he said. He said during the search and clearance operation, miscreants attacked the troops at Drushkhela and Asharai. Due to effective retaliation, miscreant commander Sultan Khan was killed, he said. He further said miscreants attacked Wanai Checkpost, injuring one soldier. A low-intensity IED exploded in Besham Bazar resulting in injuries to a civilian who was treated by Army medical team, he added. The DG ISPR said during the search operation at Kambar Bazar, six miscreants were killed. On receipt of information of presence of militants at Kulal Dheri, a raid was conducted and 10 militants were killed, he said, adding that security forces had also arrested three Afghans from Wari Bazar, Upper Dir. He said miscreants opened fire at troops checkpost near Sultanwas. Troops retaliated and resultantly six miscreants were killed, he said, adding that security forces, on a tip-off conducted a raid in surrounding area of Sultanwas. During the encounter, two commanders Abu Saeed and Misbahud Din were killed, he added. Talking about the relief activities at Khawazakhela, he said 25 tonnes of rations for 40,000 stranded people had been dispatched. Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira said areas surrounding Mingora were safe and facilities were also being provided to stranded people there. Teams of doctors have reached there and similarly the situation in Kalam is also improving, he added. On the registration of the IDPs, the Minister said it had not yet been verified by Nadra. So far Nadra has given details of over 200,000 families. This data is the basic building block on which the rest of the work will be done, he stated. He said the government had received $230m in aid. The Punjab government has also sent 20 team of LHVs and doctors with medicine, he said. Reuters and AFP add: Its very good that Mingora city has come under the full control of the security forces, Maj Abbas told journalists. Security forces control the city. The Mingora fight is finished, Army spokesman Maj-Gen Athar Abbas told AFP. We were expecting an intense fight between security forces and militants in Mingora but it did not happen, Abbas said. He said the militants showed stiff resistance in the beginning but fled the area after realising that it would be difficult for them to get out of Mingora if military completely outflanks them. He said lower-ranking Taliban leaders had been killed but it was harder to get to the top leaders who had a network of hardcore militants around them. We are trying to target the top leadership of militants and they are constantly being followed, he added. Abbas emphasised that while Mingora was cleared, the battle was far from over in the valley and in the neighbouring districts of Buner and Lower Dir. Were only talking about Mingora. Much more fight in Swat is left, the military spokesman told AFP.