SARGODHA -At least 10 minor students sustained burns, three of them critical, when a fire erupted in a school van here in Bhalwal Monday morning.

According to details, schoolchildren, on board the van, were on the way to school when suddenly a fire erupted and engulfed the vehicle. Resultantly, 10 children sustained burns, three of them critical and were admitted to hospital. The fire is said to have been caused by gas leakage but the spokesman for All-Pakistan CNG Association was quick to rebuff the claim. He said that neither gas leakage caused the fire, nor any cylinder exploded rather it was erupted to due to short circuit. On the other hand, APCNGA sources confirmed that there was no leakage of gas cylinder. The police have impounded the vehicle and started investigation.