Quetta - A ten-year-old boy missing from Turbat (Balochistan) for the past few days has been ‘recovered’ – dead.

Chakar Baloch’s tortured body was found in Civil Hospital. He was, apparently, shot to death.  His brother is taking an active part in a nationalist movement, BBC reported on Sunday.

According to the FIR registered with the Turbat police station on Saturday, Chakar Baloch, a class-III student, had gone to bazaar over a week ago from where he went missing. On Friday, media reported that a body had been brought to the hospital. Relatives recognised the body.

The FIR has been registered against unknown accused.

Bodies found earlier in various parts of Balochistan were also seen in similar conditions.

Chakar’s father is a farmer and brother takes part in a nationalist movement.

It has been reported that Chakar had been kidnapped by motorcyclists, who were not hiding their faces. However, eyewitnesses are not willing to speak for fear of the likely consequences.

Chaakar’s 16-year-old cousin Sanaullah had also been kidnapped some time ago and he is still missing. His father was also shot at, but he survived.

Chakar’s murder is a mystery as his family has no enmity with anyone.

A family member said that according to Baloch traditions children and women are not targeted even in fights.

As many as three more dead bodies were recovered from Quetta and Mastung districts of Balochistan while a man was shot dead in Sibi on Sunday.

According to police, on a tip-off police rushed to Sariab Road, Quetta, and recovered a dead body packed in a sack near Degree College of the city. The body was moved to Civil Hospital for medico-legal formalities. Motive behind the murder and identity of the body could not be ascertained.

In another incident, police recovered another dead body from the Eastern Bypass area within the precincts of Satellite Town Police Station, Quetta, and shifted it to hospital.

The police said the deceased was an official of Balochistan Constabulary who was kidnapped two days before, adding he was gunned down.

In another similar incident, Levies personnel recovered a dead body from Dasht area of Mastung district adjacent to Quetta. The deceased was identified as Adam Khan. However, motive behind the murder could not be ascertained.

In Sibi, unidentified armed persons, riding a motorbike, shot dead one Munir Ahmed in Sibi. The assailants escaped after committing the crime. Police have registered a case and started investigation in the incident.

Meanwhile, unknown armed men blew up a pylon of a main transmission line in Rakni area of Barkhan district. Resultantly, power supply to different parts of the province was suspended.


INP adds: Miscreants attacked Levies personnel in Panjgur and fled away after snatching official weapons and walkie-talkies from them on Sunday.

Sources said the militants attacked the mobile van of Levies personnel in Bali Sourab area of Panjgur. No one injured in the attack. However, the assailants snatched weapons, walkie-talkie sets and their personal mobile phones, and escaped from the scene.

Meanwhile, militants blew up a pylon of main electricity line with explosives resulting in disruption of power supply to several areas.

Levies sources said unknown miscreants had planted explosive material with 132KV tower in Rakhni area which exploded with a bang. The pylon was completely destroyed in the explosion resulting in suspension of power supply to 10 union councils of Barkhan and eight of Kohlu.