ISLAMABAD - The lawyers community said yesterday the federal and the provincial governments are trying to cover up the Quetta blast , as after the passage of six weeks neither any credible inquiry was ordered nor any arrest was made with regard to the incident.

READ MORE: The CSS sisters

The members of Supreme Court Bar, Pakistan Bar Council, Quetta Bar Association and Balochistan High Court Bar Association and the advocate in large number appeared in the Supreme Court that heard the suo moto case of Quetta blast

Former Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, to show solidarity, also attended the proceeding and remained present in the courtroom throughout the hearing.

The three-member bench was headed by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali. In August 8 tragic incident 73 people, majority lawyers, lost their lives and over 104 persons were seriously injured.

The court directed Chief Secretary and Inspector General of Balochistan to submit a comprehensive report on pre and post security situation of Quetta.

The court noted that as the federal government is equally responsible, therefore, it ordered the Secretary Ministry of Interior and Attorney General for Pakistan to submit a report of the incident.

The lawyers held both Balochistan and federal governments responsible for the blast casualties. Hamid Khan appeared on behalf of the Quetta Bar and the Balochistan High Court Bar Association. He said so far neither any credible inquiry was ordered nor responsibility was fixed in the case.

The Secretary of Balochistan was trying to cover up the incident in the court. False record of doctors and the security officials has been prepared, while only one lady doctor was present on that day in the Civil Hospital when the blast rocked the hospital.

He informed the court that Bilal Kansi, President of BHCBA, was killed at 9 a.m. on August 8 and it was in the knowledge of the security and law enforcement forces that the lawyers would shift his body to Civil Hospital, Quetta, despite that no security was provided, though there are two check posts of FC and Rangers in the vicinity.

Hamid Khan said that nobody was checking the people who were entering the hospital on that day. He informed that Amanullah Kanrani, former Advocate General of Balochistan, himself witnessed the suicide bomber entering the hospital through main gate without checking.

He said the trauma centre of Civil Hospital, Quetta, was not functional on that day despite the fact that prior to August 8 bomb blast four incidents of similar nature had taken place.

Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed remarked, the attack seemed to be well thought-out plan. He said the Quetta blast is a tip of the ice-berg. Justice Umar Atta Bandial said there was security lapses and total failure of the provincial administration as they have not learnt any lesson from the past experiences.

Inspector General Police Ahsan Mehboob submitted the report of the tragic incident. He, however, requested the court that it should be treated confidential as the investigation is going on. “There has some breakthrough and this is the case of terrorism,” he said.

He further informed that in certain situations the provincial police get speedy cooperation and response from the institutions. He, however, claimed that the NADRA was not cooperating with them in this case and requested the court to direct the NADRA to assist the Balochistan provincial government in this regard. Chief Secretary Saifullah Chattha told that 400 doctors are working in two shifts in the Civil Hospital, Quetta. He further informed that on that day only 19 doctors were absent out of 200. He said there were five operation tables in Emergency Ward of the hospital, but three of them were damaged in the blast.

Justice Azmat observed that most of the deaths took place due to the loss of blood. Justice Bandial said that the provincial government has been found negligent in performing its duties. The government has gone to hibernation.

The bench in Mardan bomb blast issued notices to KPK chief secretary, health secretary and IG.

The case is adjourned till 3rd October.