QUETTA - Balochistan Levies on Saturday discovered a mass grave with at least 15 decomposed bodies in Tutak area of Khuzdar district, some 360 kilometers southeast of Quetta.

The bodies were so decomposed that the victims could not be recognized.

Khuzdar Deputy Commissioner told newsmen they had received information about the bodies buried in Tutak area. He said a team, under Assistant Commissioner Afzal Sarpara, was rushed to the spot that recovered the bodies.

“The mass grave count could top 15,” warned the deputy commissioner, saying only after excavation could they tell the exact count of the dead.

Levies official Gulam Nabi said two completely decomposed bodies were shifted to the district headquarters hospital that were beyond recognition. He said their heirs might identify them through the clothes. He said the bodies were a month old.

The deputy commissioner said they would dig the area on Sunday. “After thorough investigation the real story of mass grave could be unearthed,” he added.

Meanwhile, a sub-inspector of Balochistan Constabulary was gunned down in Killi Ismail area of Quetta on Saturday.

According to police, unidentified people opened fire on sub-inspector Mohammad Manik causing his instant death. “Manik was on his way home from a mosque when he was ambushed by the assailants,” police said.

After the killing, Frontier Corps, Anti-Terrorist Force and police conducted a search operation in Killi Ismail area and rounded up 25 suspects.

The suspects were later handed over to the Saddar police station for investigation.

In Gott Sanul Khan area of Naseerabad, unidentified armed men killed two people, including a woman.

Police said Qurban Ali first killed his wife and later shot dead Muhammad Umar over the suspicion they were having an illicit relation. Ali later fled. A police party rushed and shifted the bodies to a hospital for medico-legal formalities.

Meanwhile, militants blew up an eight-inch diameter gas pipeline in Sui area of Dera Bugti. As a result, gas supply to the purification plant from well no 20 was suspended.



At least four alleged militants were killed and seven others arrested by the Frontier Corps in a search operation here on Saturday.

Children and women being kept hostage were recovered, and a huge cache of weapons seized from the militants.

Sources said the operation in Washbood area of Panjgur was launched on a tip-off on Friday. The operation was in progress when militants hiding in a house opened fire on law enforcers. An exchange of fire ensued and continued for almost 36 hours.

Reports said the militants used eight women and children as shield and continued to fire on security forces with guns and hand grenades.

The FC team succeeded in recovering four women and four children from custody of the militants. Four militants were killed in the exchange of fire, they said, while adding seven others were also arrested.

Five Kalashnikovs, a rocket launcher and an LMG were also seized.

The recovered women and children were handed over to the civil administration of Panjgur district.