ISLAMABAD - Flash floods caused by hill torrents in Rajanpur District in last we-ek of July, devastated at least 131 villages leaving around 15,055 people homeless and 162,000 acres of cotton fields ruined. The facts were revealed in Rapid Assessment Report of Flood-Affected Communities in Rajanpur District. The report compiled by Save the Children, a non-government organisation illustrates the situation of 19 flood-affected Union Councils (Ucs) in Rajanpur District. Within these 19 UCs; the survey team visited 99 communities in two days time. The average household size in the 19-affected UCs was found to be 7.6 persons. The main objectives of this study were to assess immediate needs of affected population and to provide instant information for strategic decision making for a swift emergency response. Regarding food security, report revealed that worryingly that despite the fact that flood water destroyed food stocks in affected areas, 63.3 percent community members stated that they have not received any food aid. 37.1 percent of communities reported that, overall, most families in their communities have no food stock available at home; where limited food stock is available, the main food items include rice and wheat. About source of drinking water, it highlighted that in 58.2 percent of surveyed communities, the main source of drinking water is hand pumps, while 16.3 percent are buying water from the market for their needs. Water in 49 percent of communities was reported as insufficient. About health facilities, report also revealed that a number of health facilities in Rajanpur District are still under water and few others are inaccessible due to damaged roads. Furthermore, as many are cut off from main towns, 66.3 percent of communities are unable to access health services when needed, while the other 33.7 percent of communities can access health facilities but with some difficulties. The most prevalent ailments are diarrhoea, respiratory infections, skin diseases and eye infections. Overall, 95.6 percent of housing structures have been damaged; among these, 84.8 percent are fully damaged, said the report. Agriculture was reported as the main source of income in 51.5 percent of communities; standing crops of cotton and sugarcane were badly damaged in many of these villages. Community members in surveyed communities reported damages to 100 percent of school buildings; 26.2 percent are partially damaged, and another 26.2 percent are badly damaged, while 47.6 percent are completely destroyed or submerged to the extent that building cannot be used.