Islamabad- Islamabad High Court (IHC) has suspended notification on detention of Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the main accused in Mumbai attack case and ordered for his immediate release on bail against surety bonds worth one million and personal surety.
Justice Noor ul Haq N Qureshi of IHC took up the case for hearing Monday. Raja Rizwan Abbasi counsel for petitioner and Deputy Attorney General (DAG) Barrister Jahangir Jadoon appeared in the court.
Counsel for the petitioner told the court his client had been kept under illegal detention since the last 6 years while Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) had also issued orders for release of Lakhvi.
He contended that Zaki ur Rehman Lakhvi had no links with Mumbai attack case nor any documentary evidence on his involvement in the case is available. Zaki ur Rehman case was heard in ATC but no evidence could be provided to court. Therefore, ATC had issued orders for his release. The accused had also challenged the making of Indian high commission documents as part of the challan, he said.
The counsel for federation told the court that the notices sent by the court on the occasion of previous hearing have not been received by the parties concerned due to which they have not filed their replies. ATC had issued orders for release of Lakhvi but later he was arrested again by security forces. The accused moved to IHC against his detention.